Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ok, it’s Tuesday at LuLu’s and I’m all alone.

Two years ago “Olivia” told me there are 3 children around me. Yep, guess I don’t hide them well… that’s a good thing. And they make me sooo happy. Now there are 4. But they are NOT at LuLu’s. That makes me … uhmmmm, ok, I’ll say it, as selfish as it sounds… so sad.

When the Evans’ moved that was a change.

The timing was less painful, because about that time Marley started fearing me less… maybe even “liking” me. If it was all and only about LuLu, that would be great, but I love each of those kids, for any duration, combination and location, as long and as much as they will let me. I saw Nora every day.. she was a great neighbor. I miss her.

And now that I have met Smith, I miss him too.



TUESDAY THE WAY IT USED TO BE: Ky and Marley would arrive anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30pm. Dinner, usually Mac N Cheese, Mickey shaped chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, and/or what ever the heck else they wanted. They were at LuLu’s and they knew it was all about THEM! Guess we all felt like “it’s all about ME!!” and I think we’re right.

If there was something that HAD to be done, here were my choices: DON’T, or make it fun enough for Ky and Marley. If we were in the middle of doing one thing and an idea popped into Ky’s head, we’d stop, drop and shift.


If Marley wanted to (and she usually did want to)
watch Dora, of course Dora went on the DVD player.
A hat usually came in to play with Marley. We are alike that way: we love hats, and I think I am not lying
when I say we love each other.

Ky and I would do our thing in the TV room, or we’d run back and forth. Papa would arrive about 8:20 with Slurpees. One night he was running late. I hadn’t noticed, but the Slurpee alarm was sounding in Ky’s tummy or brain, or where ever the Slurpees hit. “Where’s Papa? Why’s he so late?” TaDah!!! The sound of the garage door
sent us all into a giddy, screechy, Slurpee dance. Up the stairs he’d appear, Ky was the first to take his part of Papa’s load. Mar toddled over with hands out (kind-a Frankenstein-esque style), grabbed the goods and gave the obligatory hug and cheek lend. Goofey, how Slurpees are even treats in December. Parents would arrive and bring us all back to reality. Jammies, prayer and a ride home to bed.
Many things they would say, do, put on, would be enough to make me laugh all week. Actually, I still laugh about things they did several weeks ago, and even longer ago.

Today at LuLu’s, fun? Not so much.
Memories of Tuesday’s at LuLu’s? PRICELESS

2 comments:

dawn said...

What an awsome grandmother you are, Lulu :)

Sisters staying connected... said...

That is a sweet blog, and really sad. :( We miss you guys and can't wait for you to come enjoy our new world. You'll love it up here! Love you...alie