Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter.


Is it different from other Sundays? Is the Lord present in my life every day? Do I daily have an awareness of His atonement and resurrection? Is Good Friday more sacred? Is Easter Sunday more reverenced than any other of the 51 Sabbath days in the year? I guess that is a personal decision. Maybe it is sometimes a new beginning for people who would not usually attend services for any reason, and whatever it takes to bring someone to Christ for regular gospel living? That's a good thing. There was some fuss about the Tiger's home opening game being on Good Friday? Hey, wait, don't they play ball on Sundays? Hmmm.

Each Sunday during our Sacrament, I read and re-read the words to the hymns; hymns of atonement, resurrection, forgiveness, redemption, and resurrection. "I Stand All Amazed" is my all-time favorite. I can still hear my grandma Matt singing it, and it tickles my heart. For that reason, I have read those words probably more than any other sacrament hymn. "...That He should extent His great love unto such as I, sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify" those are the words I have had ringing in my brain today. He love me. How much? "sufficiently". That's a lotta love; enough to redeem ME, enough to own ME, enough to justify ME. am more than just one of the sands of the sea, I am one of the ninety and nine.

1 comment:

AMy said...

you make a great case...we should always be thinking of what the atonement can really do for each and every one of us. sort of like we should be feeling the christmas spirit year round and not just in december.

oh and thank you for your comment :) I hope you don't mind if i add you to my blog roll...you are fascinating.