Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Now I only need 3 more Random Things

This is not as easy as I thought it would be:

10) Jerome is not my first husband. He's the longest, so I guess It's easy to forget the first.



11) I eat plain low-fat yogurt every morning for breakfast.



12) I'm not going to eat a single puncze today.



13) I danced Bollywood style in my hotel room alone in India. They had 2 American TV show stations and a g'zillion MTV type stations.



14) Last time I wore my saree I put it on backwards, and didn't know it. A darling teenaged hostess at the restaurant told me as i was leaving the restaurant. She asked who put on my "drapes". I was so proud to day I did it myself. She smiled and said "next time, put it on this shoulder".



15) I don't watch R rated movies. It makes rentals and theater much easier to decide, and not seeing several award-winning movies is... ok with me.



16) I didn't cry when my dad died. (I'll post more on that later, in March)



17) I lived with my oldest brother and his family for 7 months in Germany when I was a teenager. I met some great people, some I still am in contact with, many others I think of and wonder about often.



18) I spent a weekend in Paris alone when I was 14. (I was with a tour group, but once I got there I was on my own til we got on the bus to go back to Ludwigsburg.)



19) My mother gave me my middle name from Scarlett O'Hara (Vivian LEIGH).



20) The first name came from some sickeningly Sweet cologne mom wore for several years. Tabu by DANA.



21) I used to think I would be just like Dawn (my favorite sister) and said I was 5'3" and even bought size 7 shoes. I figured I would be just like her. I was nearly 20 before I admitted I'm NOT Dawn, I'm DANA.



22) My favorite birthday party was when I turned 17. It was the night of the Bloomfield Hills Stake Valentine Ball. Mom planned a Pre-Ball Ball, invited all my friends from around the stake, didn't mention it was my birthday. She copied a beautiful dress for me that Marie Osmond wore on her TV show and had butlered dors devours. The cake was a huge heart. It was a fabulous way to start off a great dance. It was a real grown up party and I LOVED IT.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

puncze?

NatalieHemingway said...

HAHAHAHA!! I stopped checking your blog! You had a 7 month lapse there!! I'll put you back on my list now :)

Angie Cheney said...

Silly Brenda! Paczki's! Pronounced poonch-kee's. Yesterday was Fat Tuesday.

Q'Ville said...

Thanks Angie, I guess spelling it right may not have done much better. I love them, but ignored them the best I can, and don't think i ever tried to spell it before.
:D