Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Picture-Picture

Ok, so I'm not so fond of any pictures of myself. Goofy expression, frizzy hair, freckles, wrong view, nose looks too sharp, cheecks look too full, you get the idea. Ya know, when we look at the babes in advertisements, the one picture we see is probably one of a g'zillion taken of them that day. I hesitate to put pictures of myself on the blog. I know, I know. It is what it is. But let me tell you about how I got the one that is there. We were having a Womens' retreat and the ever- so-fab photographer Laurel Hogge was in charge of getting pictures of each sister. So for a few weeks she was showing up at church with one of her cameras. I'm sure she has a truck load of equipment, but this was just a point and shoot camera. We were in the hallway, yukkin' it up and giggling, she knew I was uncomfortable with a lense pointed at me, but she made it fun and I was flipping my hair around and just being goofey. By golly, it's pretty dang good!!! Oh, I see my face is a little shiny, but.. it is what it is. Laurel did a great job.

I hesitate to give too much info online, ya know anybody can read it, but Laurel has a website, I did say she's a professional, didn't I? Enjoy her website. She has a great shoot from a Ford Mansion. She's not from around here, she's from Alaska, so I had to call and tell her what a big deal it is that she got that Ford job.

She's a doll and I wouldn't have been this happy in front of a lense with anybody else behind it.

No comments: